Intelligent Battery Charger 4A 6V/12V - MP7423
A great bit of kit for cars which are not used that often and the battery does not get a chance to be recharged by the alternator. Ideal for classic car owners and people who only do small, occassional journeys.
- Suitable for use with 6V & 12V lead-acid and 12V AGM batteries of 1.2Ah to 120Ah.
- Input : 230V AC 50Hz 0.6A
- Outputs: 6V: 4A DC 12V:4A DC
- Automatic detection of battery voltage & condition
- Automatic charging current selection
- 4 charging modes : 12V Standard, AGM & Winter; 6V Standard
- 5 step charging including recovery & maintenance cycles
- Memory function automatically re-starts charging if interrupted
- LCD display with battery level indicator & dual colour backlight
- Interchangeable 1.5m battery clip & ring terminal connector leads included
- Overload, reverse-polarity and short circuit protection
- Manufactured to European electrical safety standards
- Suitable for low maintenance and maintenance-free batteries
- Not recommended for use with GEL batteries
Do I connect both the round clips to the battery posts or does the "negative" clip have to connect to somewhere on the chassis?
When using the ring terminal connecting lead, the negative lead can be directly connected to the battery post. When fitting this lead to the battery, it should be disconnected from the battery charger and the protective cap should be fitted to the in-line terminals. When connecting to this lead to the charger, the charger should not be connected to the mains. This is to avoid causing sparks near to the battery when making the connection.